Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Update

Hello blog world out there, I apologize for my lack of posts lately. Not too much exciting has happened the last two weeks. We have exams coming up this week, which is quite insane because it means I have been teaching for 10 weeks now! It's still pretty UNREAL to me. This last week I spent most of it reviewing with my kids. Here are some pictures of them walking around and "gathering data" for a pictograph. They looked so cute and studious walking around the classroom with their notebooks asking each other what their favorite fruit was. So presh!





I'm pretty nervous about the exams and am hoping my kids will be able to get through them alright!

In other news we had a great weekend. Our planned beach day got rained out on Saturday so we mainly hung our around the apartment and went and walked around the mall for a little bit. That night our band was in a band competition in Las Fuertes so we journeyed our way over there. There were 5 bands in the competition along with 2 other bands playing for our listening pleasure. The whole thing was pretty intense and felt like a high school football game. The bands were quite impressive elaborate. Our band placed 3rd, which is really great for them, so proud!




Today, we decided to do a little church prayer time of our own at the apartments. It was a really sweet time of encouragement and fellowship. We then made our way to Parrot Tree (the resort closest to us) and hung out in the water for a while. Then made our way to this little horse ranch up the street from our house to go horseback riding! It was kind of random but so much fun! We rode through the mountains and go to see all the greenery and an awesome view. I was actually pretty nervous the whole time, I've never really ridden a horse and was apparently the only one who hadn't. Luckily one of the men just basically walked my horse the whole time haha.





T'was fun. Always an adventure here on the island! Well, I think that's all for now, until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Horseback riding is an enjoyable activity that also involves some amount of risk for the rider and the horse, especially when riding through rough terrain or on challenging courses.

    Bryce Canyon Horse Rides

    ReplyDelete