Thursday, August 9, 2012

Room 118

Today was a very very long long day. Lots of information to soak up. I got to get started working in my classroom. It is quite overwhelming to start off with a blank slate and try to figure out how to fill up all the white walls. But it's exciting and everything is feeling more and more REAL each day. Here are some pictures of my classroom:

My door







I have quite a bit of work to do, but it's been fun, exhausting but fun.

In other news, Roatan has done something to me. I have now willingly gone on 2 runs. For those of you who know me, know what a big deal this is, haha. It's kind of a challenge because there are no sidewalks but all of us teachers have been doing it and it's kind of a peace time in a odd way. I'm trying to work on my self-discipline and to keep at it even though I'm already pretty over it. I made the mistake of sharing that with the other teachers so now they're keeping me accountable to keep at it, which is good, but ya know kind of a pain.

I really am losing track of all the days, it's hard to believe that we're just now ending our first week. Today was quite exhausting and I felt a bit defeated today, but I'm learning to pick myself up and stay in a place of joy. It really has been an incredible time. I have really fallen in love with this place and these people. Yesterday was the first time all the teachers (foreign and local) teachers got together. We had a sweet time of worship and a devotion led by a local pastor. All the teacher then gave a short testimony of what brought them to CPBS. It was fun to hear everyone's story and to get to know each other better. Everyone has such beautiful servant hearts, it's pretty amazing. I really do feel like they are my family here and it's a sweet feeling. I have also grown a love for the Spanish language and I'm dying to know more so I can communicate better with the teachers that don't speak English. It's so fun to sing worship songs in Spanish and during our meetings Ms. Nina (the school administrator) is always saying everything is Spanish and English, it's pretty cool.

Well, I think that's all for now, PLEASE feel free to pass on any suggestions or ideas for my classroom, I'd love to hear them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment