Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Today has been a day and then some (what that means I'm not sure but it sounds good). We had an eventful morning with Ernesto and the adventures just continued.

After our morning rain adventures, we all just hung out and did whatever. During this down time I somehow managed to get a welt on my forehead. The welt is now nearly gone but it was quite a hilarious moment. I was just sitting in my living room on my laptop when I heard my roommate moving things around in her room, I thought I should help so I got up and went to her doorway and asked her if she needed any help. As I was asking her I noted that I felt sort of light-headed (I frequently get head rushes when I stand up too quickly). Well light-headed maybe was an understatement, because soon my head was spinning, and things were going black, and wHACK my head hit the door, while my body made its way to the floor. It was such a weird moment. I didn't lose consciousness or anything but I guess I fainted? My roommate came over and jokingly asked if I fainted, but alas it was no joke I did! haha. I was confused and disoriented for a few seconds but once I realized what had happened I couldn't stop laughing. My roommate and I basically laid on the floor laughing for a couple minutes. We discovered the welt on my forehead and laughed some more. I'm completely fine now and everything is A-Okay. But of course such things would happen to me, I seem to have a knack for getting myself hurt, just the beginning of this year's adventures I suppose.

Later in the afternoon, we decided we should go exploring, we didn't let the rain stop us. We all put on our best rain gear and hit the road. We walked, and walked, and walked, and walked, and walked and probably walked some more. It was supposed to be a short walk but we went pretty far. We ended up at a nice resort a couple miles away and the sign for the resort is quite misleading because the actual resort is tucked away pretty far back behind it. But we had fun seeing more of the island and being together. Here are some pictures:

View Point #1

A zoom of that last picture, and also where we ending up walking to!! CRAZY, although we went around, not through the valley.

Our final destination: Parrot Tree Resort 

They have a man-made beach, pretty gloomy because of Ernesto

We got a little feel of the water

Group shot 

I have seriously been in a world of bliss with all these people. I kept saying how I couldn't get over the fact that we've all only known each other for less than 3 days, it feels like we've known each other forever. I'm so incredibly thankful for everyone here and we've all been enjoying each other so much.

Tonight we all had dinner together and got to worship together afterwards. There's a lot of love and Holy Spirit among us, so it's pretty sweet. I feel very blessed.

Tomorrow we'll be back at the school and diving into orientation and into our classrooms! I'm so excited to get started putting my room together, pretty surreal!

A couple random notes:
1. Bugs LOVE me, I have been bitten so many times it's a joke. Not to mention somehow all the bugs follow me, twice tonight huge bugs have come and attacked me and no one else.

2. geckos make the most insane loud noises. I'm listening to them right now, outside my window just going crazy. I guess it's their communication? but they have not stopped for the last 15 mins, it's pretty wild. Never knew they were so loud.
**EDIT** apparently it wasn't the geckos making the loud noises, although geckos do make a funny sound, it was frogs!

3. The power went out tonight for the first time, got to use my sweet headlamp, but it came back pretty quick.


I think that's all for now. Adios, hasta luego amigos y familia!

1 comment:

  1. Dude. these geckos are ridiculous right now. HOWAMIGONNASLEEEEEEPPPPP

    ReplyDelete