Sunday, November 18, 2012

Suba diving, tie-dying, weekend galore

Hello folks, I hope all is well with everyone out there in the world. Life here has been pretty sweet. Things in my class are still up and down, alternating between really good days and really bad days, but overall I think we're making progress and my kids are learning, a poco a poco. I'm learning and trying my best to love them more and better. It's a process and it's growing me in a lot of ways. We have Thanksgiving break this week so only 2 days of classes, which I must say I am so excited about. I'm looking forward to having a break and can hopefully get ahead on my planning for once. 


Last week we went to a baby shower for one of our new friends. She works/her husband owns a coffee shop that we've been going to. We made friends with two of the girls there and one of the girls hosted the baby shower for the other girl. It was super cute. Evie, the host is super crafty and creative and just went all out. Everything from the favors to the food to the decorations were awesome. 


the set up, supes cute.   

party favors Evie made out of foam paper!! CRAZY!!

delicious fruit platter, that she ALSO MADE!!


 We had a ton of fun. We got to eat good food, play baby shower games, dance, and just enjoy each other's company. Overall, super fun time.

This weekend, Sarah, Ingrid and I went on our FIRST DIVE! We're still chugging away at our Open Water certification course, it's been hard getting all the way out to West End so it's taking us quite some time. But we made our way out there on Saturday and got to go out on our first real dive! It was incredible. We even got to fall backward out of the boat into the water with all our gear on. We felt real B.A. I had a slight panic moment when we were first descending. It had been a while since we had been in the water and not to mention we've only really used the equipment one other time so I kind of freaked out. But after a pep talk with Jonathan (our friend and instructor) and some long deep breaths and a pep talk to myself I made it down. It was so much fun. We just got to swim around and enjoy under water exploration. The reef is just RIGHT THERE so it's just really cool to be swimming all around it and with the fishes. We had a blast. SO GREAT.

Today, all us teachers got together and we had a tie-dye party. We got all our white shirts and got dying. It was so fun and everyone came out with a lot of really cool creations!

our proud work. 

tie-dyed shirts errwhere.

the two shirts I did on the right. 

We're pretty obsessed now and basically want to tie-dye everything we own. Tomorrow we are having a Thanksgiving potluck with all the teachers at school. Excited to eat some good food.

ALSO, I made a last minute decision to go home for Christmas break, so I just bought my plane ticket today to go home for Christmas! I will be home from December 20th - January 5th. I'm so excited to see everyone and get to spend time with so many people I've been missing! I'm also ESPECIALLY excited to go to Target, Trader Joes, the Farmer's Market, and the IV Co-op, oh how I've missed those places. Well, I think that's all for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment