Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back on the island

OH SNAPPPS. I meant to post this about 2 weeks ago, but the power went out and then I just flat out forgot I never posted it. My apologies. I am just going to post as is and will try and write up another update soon. SO SORRY for the lack of posting, will try to be better!!!

Hello folks,
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back on the blog train. I've been back on the island now for about 2 weeks and it's been a bit of a whirlwind getting back into the swing of things. I feel like I am exhausted ALL the time now a days, but I'm slowly adjusting back to school and island life. All of us teachers had a really great break enjoying time with family and friends back home. It was a bit hard for some of us to come back, but we're all excited to be here and to finish the next 6 months strong. It was funny because we came back from the States to no internet at our apartments for a couple days and have had multiple power outages the past 2 week and have had our fair share of "island moments" where we are ever so reminded that we are in fact back on the island. It was such a weird feeling of feeling like we were gone for so long and like we never left. But indeed is is sweet to be back and it feels  like home all over again.

We just had exams this past week and that kind of wiped me, but the half days were nice. My kids are more precious than ever. It was so good to see them again after the break.  We start a new quarter on Monday and that should be an adventure. I'm going to be trying a lot of new things with Language Arts and there's still a lot I'm sorting out in my brain, so please pray for wisdom and divine inspiration. Not much really much else to update on, but here are some super cute pictures of my precious children from this past week.


So, the other day after they were done with exams one boy asked me to draw him a heart and he proceeded to go over it with his new glitter glue and soon enough the whole class was doing it. They did it all week. I love the little notes: "para mi mami", "para mi familia", "mama & papa", such little lovers.


Waiting for me to come out of the teacher's lounge, so cute.

Well, I will update more next week as we get into the thick of things! I'll try to update more about classroom jazz. There's a crazy tropical storm or something over the island because there have been crazy high winds all last night and today. Hopefully it was pass soon and we will be able to beach it up! Yeeeee, until next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment