Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Scuba, birthday, and too many things

Hello blog world,
I don't know what happened when I went home, but I came back with ZERO desire to blog, and for that I apologize. I will most definitely try to be better. I feel like so much and at the same time nothing at all has happened since the last time I blogged.  The end of January and the beginning of February was jam packed with Teacher birthdays. We had 3 in 3 weeks, 1 each week (MINE included :)! ). We had some back to back celebrations. One of the teachers even had a surprise birthday party thrown by her kids, the cutest! My birthday was great, finally turned 23, it's a funny feeling here because there seems to be no concept of age, somehow in my brain I just assume we all are the same age. Regardless, it was fun celebrating and hanging out all together for all of our birthdays.

Another big thing that happened this past month was that we finally got SCUBA CERTIFIED!!!!! It is basically the best feeling EVERRRRRR. It took us 4 months to complete a course that can take as little as 2 days! haha. We're ridiculous, but hey we finally DID IT! We spent a whole weekend diving it up and it was glorious. I think we all just felt so much better and more comfortable in the water this time and it just made for a really fun time. We made our very own hand signal for "so cool" so that whenever we're underwater we just give each other the shaka to signal SO COOOOOL! And let me tell you there is SO much down there to say SO COOL about. I know I'm getting super spoiled because this is some of the best diving in the world. We got to see a huge lobster, a sea turtle and swim among a school of fish. It was so cool. And we've only just begun. We're so excited to get back in the water and just keep diving. Coolest thing everrrrr.

Classroom life and tutoring in French Harbor has been super difficult. I don't know what's been up but teaching has just been really hard. I am literally exhausted every single day and life has just been tiring. But I do love my babies more and more each day. They are precious, beautiful, little creatures that I am incredibly thankful for each day, even though most days they push my last nerve and drive me CRAZY! Learning to take each day with a grateful heart and finding joy in the midst of chaos.

Okay, I think that's all I've got at the moment. I really will try to be better about posting :)
Thanks for reading. Here are some pictures to leave you with.

crazy kids

getting ready for soccer practice. the cutest.

View from a private little beach in front of our friends' place in Sandy Bay


No comments:

Post a Comment